Friday, November 29, 2013

FOR CONTEXT: A peek at ABC's finances

I'm sorry for the delay in posting the next segment of my presentation. I thought it might be useful for contextual purposes to post the publicly available financial information about ABC Basset Rescue, so that there's no doubt in anyone's mind that their numerous denials of care for Clara were not determined by a shortage of available resources, but by other considerations. I will not attempt to impute their motivations; rather, I just want people to understand what was NOT driving their decision-making.

Download the images below, which are the first page of each of ABC's last two available Federal tax returns. Use your photo viewer to enlarge them so you can read the numbers.

If you look at lines 9 (total revenue for the year), 17 (total expenses for the year), and 21 (total assets), you'll see that they have been building a cash/asset reserve which totaled about $156,000 as of the end of the last year. So when Clara needed $300 in dental work to clear up a major infection in her mouth that was, in the opinion of the vet, contributing to her loss of appetite (to the extent she had a diagnosis of anorexia) and a danger to her as a diabetic, ABC apparently had more than $150,000 on hand.
 
I hope to have some more time on my hands later next week, and will post more of Clara's vet bills and some of her medical charts when I do.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment